Sign up today for the Delta Tactical news letter and receive 10% off a class
Personal Protection Carbine 1
Fast paced & fun 1-day rifle course!
Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course focuses on tactical speed shooting and honing the aggressive gun-handling skills that are necessary for tactical deployment of the rifle for personal protection and home defense.
We will review the basic operation of the AR platform rifle. There is no prerequisite requirement for this course other than an understanding of firearms safety and the appropriate attitude for learning.
The concepts of dominating the weapon, threat and all visual areas during dynamic action will be emphasized throughout the course. Students will develop reflexive gun-handling skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats while performing multiple complex tasks. This firearms training course takes the student beyond the basics of the rifle and introduces the student to deployment techniques that are critical when deploying the rifle for personal defense. If you do not have a rifle for this course Delta Tactical can provide student loaner rifles, magazines and slings for a fee, upon request.
Students have the option to use their agency issued or personally owned weapons. Select fire weapons are allowed.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
• Firearms safety and safe gun-handling procedures.
• Principals of personal defense. • Rapid deployment methodology and concepts.
• Conditioning mental focus and combat mindset.
• Enhanced tactical aptitude.
• Review fundamentals of shooting a rifle.
• The natural action stance.
• Transport mode, carry mode and press checking the rifle.
• Review use of tactical sling systems.
• Enhanced combat gun-handling skills.
• Presentation from low ready, indoor ready & over shoulder transport.
• Refining presentation technique.
• Mastering drop, drive and press.
• Balancing speed and accuracy. • Reducing stimulus / response time.
• Moving off the line of force and lateral displacement.
• Threat assessment and area scanning.
• Dominating the weapon, threat and visual areas.
• Ammunition management - Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads.
• Transition to secondary weapon system.
• Multiple threat engagement strategies.
• Shooting from cover
• Timed Combat Rifle Qualification Course with certified marksmanship rating.
Course duration: 1-day (8 hours) Course tuition: $ 100.00 (Tuition fee includes all range fees) Course student limit: 16
Student requirements: Note pad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap or other brimmed hat, heavy-duty pants belt, holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least 3 magazines, personal defense rifle with at least 3 magazines and tactical sling.(You will need to be able to carry at least 3 rifle magazines on your person.) Recommended equipment: Rifle magazine carriers, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water. Rifle equipment specifications: Red dot sights and holographic sights are allowed and encouraged, however, all rifles / carbines should have back-up iron sights (BUIS) in the event your electronic sight goes down. The tactical sling must allow the rifle to hang freely in front of the shooter. We will not be slinging the rifles conventionally in this class. Ammunition requirements: 350 rounds of rifle ammunition and 100 rounds of handgun ammunition (minimum) Ammunition is available for purchase upon request. Rifle ammunition must be new manufacture (Federal, Remington, Winchester, etc.)
Information coming soon.